The pivotal element of every workstation we design is ergonomics – the optimum way an operator interacts with every aspect of a console in order to achieve their performance objectives whether seated or standing. Naturally all activConsoles adjust electronically for a sitting or standing position at the touch of a button
To Sit or Stand
An operator’s blood flow impacts on concentration. Keeping this flow which oxygenates the blood and aids concentration is achieved by allowing and encouraging the operator to have the flexibility to move around rather than just sit for long periods.
A comprehensive ergonomic approach is incorporated within every design element of our customised consoles. The result is a console designed specifically for the task/role, the environment and the different body shapes and sizes of operators who may sit or stand at the console during a 24/7 period.
The elements of ergonomics we consider when designing our activConsoles
- Electrically height adjustable at the touch of a button. A safety feature locking mechanism prevents accidental activation and lowering or raising of the the console
- The consoles Desktop height is adjustable for sitting or standing from 680mm to 1350mm
- Ergonomic adjustable footrest. Obstruction free forward foot space
- Rolled edges reduce pressure on forearms and wrists
- Stable under loads at corners or centre
- Optimum work surface area
- Forward reach by user
- Sidewards reach by user
- Mobility of monitors
- Cable Management
- Access to power
- Suitability for left or right handedness
- Good posture – Symmetrical sitting or standing posture can be maintained with the benefit of the adjustable footrest.
- CPU storage
- Viewing distances and angle of view to monitor